You guys. I’ve been planning a new series called Ice Cream Sundays for the last couple weeks and I seriously can’t wait any longer. Originally, I wanted to start on the 20th which is the first day of summer. But it’s been consistently warm for a couple weeks now and I’ve been craving all the ice cold treats. So I’m starting a couple weeks early with these 3 ingredient rosemary & fruit popsicles.
Well to be fair, I have shared these rosemary & fruit popsicles on the blog before. The first time was last July and I made them on a whim with an ice cube tray and toothpicks. But when I picked up an actual popsicle mold a couple weeks ago I knew I wanted to make them again.
Naturally, I also had to retake the pics, much to the dismay of my friends who were waiting impatiently to gorge themselves on fruit popsicles. But seriously, there was no way my camera could ignore these beauts.
3 Ingredient Rosemary & Fruit Popsicles
These fruit popsicles are easy to make, only require three ingredients and are free of refined sugars. The watermelon and strawberries give the popsicles their natural sweetness and surprisingly, the rosemary doesn’t detract from that at all. I usually see rosemary paired with savoury foods but I really like the freshness it adds to the fruit popsicles.
Bonus points: They do an epic AF job of cooling you down on hot and humid days like the ones we’ve been having around here recently. I highly recommend giving them a try.
Ice Cream Sundays
Before we get into the ridiculously easy recipe for these fruit popsicles, let’s chat a little about Ice Cream Sundays. I went with this title because I liked the play on words, but it honestly about more than just ice cream. Case in point: these rosemary & fruit popsicles.
Instead, I’ll be using the Ice Cream Sundays series to share healthy, vegan ice cold treats that will be perfect for cooling you down on the warm summer days to come.
I have a tonne of ideas floating around in my brain and have already tested a couple but I don’t have every single recipe planned out yet. So if you have any ideas or suggestions, I’d love to hear them in the comments below.
But for now, let’s get back to the recipe for these 3 ingredient rosemary & fruit popsicles.
Oh, and if you make these fruit popsicles, I’d love to hear what you think. Leave a comment and rate the recipe or take a pic and tag me @ExSloth on Instagram!
- 3 cups watermelon, cubed*
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, washed and hulled*
- 1-2 sprigs of rosemary
- Blender (I used my Nutribullet)
- Popsicle Molds
- Craft Sticks (if not included with mould)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour liquid into a popsicle molds, cover and insert craft sticks. I didn't need a cover for these because they were pretty thick and the sticks stayed in place easily
- Freeze popsicles overnight or for at least 4 hours
- Run the molds under hot water before trying to remove the popsicles
- Store any leftovers in the freezer
Liked this recipe? Pin is for later:
What about you?
- Have you ever made popsicles before? What’s your fave flavour?
- Any Ice Cream Sunday requests?
- Do you use rosemary in sweet or savoury recipes (or both)