10 vegan salad dressings to spice up your lunches and keep salads from boring you to death
It’s only the middle of February and I’m already struggling with my campaign to eat more greens in 2017. Actually, if I’m being honest, I’ve gotten a lot better at throwing veggies into almost every meal, including breakfast.
And I’m still chugging on smoothies and green juices despite the constant blizzard-like weather here in Canada. My real problem is that this quest of mine hasn’t magically cured me of my dislike of salads.
Yep, you read that right. I, Giselle Rochford, follow a plant-based diet but I’m not all that fond of eating giant bowls of leafy greens.
Every week I buy lots of veggies and promise myself I’ll throw together big salads for lunch or dinner. But I always end up just chucking the greens into smoothies or cooking them into an actual meal.
Is that a bad thing? Not necessarily.
But at this point I’m determined to make myself fall in love with salads, even if it’s the last thing I do.
So this weekend I compiled a list of vegan salad dressings in an effort to make salads sound a little more appealing. Maybe if I drizzle something other than ACV + EVOO + salt on my salads, I’ll actually want to eat them?
10 Easy Vegan Salad Dressings to help you salvage your healthy eating resolutions
– this is an all-time fave of mine but I’ve never actually put in on a salad. Oops
Vegan Tzatziki Dressing via Fit Mitten Kitchen
– I used to love tzatziki sauce but I have yet to try a vegan version, so this is definitely happening
Mandarin Hummus Dressing via Fooduzzi
– I was sick all last week and have been on a citrus kick ever since. Plus, the citrus/hummus combo is intriguing
– I put this on lettuce wraps last month so why not use it on a giant bed off lettuce instead of one big piece
Easy Peanut Dressing via Emilie Eats
– Anything with peanut butter has my approval
Homemade Green Goddess Dressing via Cotter Crunch
– Because every salad needs more greens, right?
– I lived on this all through December and then promptly forgot about it when 2017 hit. Definitely making a comeback, though
Avocado Dill Dressing via The Healthy Maven
– Avocados are obviously always welcome and I have an odd obsession with dill, so I’ll be making this rulll soon
#Blessed Tahini Sauce via The Balanced Berry
– This sauce uses a hashtag and tahini. Literally could not resist.
– I prefer to make a thicker version of this as a dipping sauce for falafel but it’s really got as a salad dressing as well
What about you?
What are some of your favourite vegan salad dressings?