I’ve recently become obsessed with switching my beauty products over to more natural ones. I figured that if I was so picky about what I put into my body, I should worry about what I was putting on it as well. Pair that with my current obsession with DIY vloggers and you get this 3 Ingredient DIY coconut oil night cream.
Related: DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Lip Scrub
If I’m completely honest, my interest in anything skin care related is extremely recent. It wasn’t until I started wearing makeup, less than a year ago, that I felt the need to branch out.
Before I started wearing makeup, I had such dry skin that I had to walk around with moisturizer at all times. Unfortunately, the more I wore makeup, the worse that problem got. Plus, I started breaking out way more regularly.
After panicking for a couple weeks, I eventually realised that I had to stop half-assing my skin care if I wanted to continue wearing makeup. Luckily, it turns out that having quality, healthy ingredients on hand is useful for more than just eating well.
I’m hoping to share another post sometime soon that’ll go into more detail about what I did to help my skin get it’s act together. But, for now, I just wanted to share this DIY coconut oil night cream with ya, since it’s basically the reason I no longer need to be surgically attached to my moisturizer.
DIY Coconut Oil Night Cream
Before we get to the ‘recipe’ here are a few things to note about this moisturizer:
- I used tea tree oil because it helps control my breakouts but feel free to use a different essential oil. Or, you can add another oil in addition to the tea tree oil (like lavender) if you don’t care for the medicinal tea tree oil scent
- This is made with oils only and it shows when you put it on. Since I have no desire for people to use my face in place of a mirror, I only use this at night, right before bed
- A little goes a longggg way with this moisturizer, so use sparingly
- This works for my skin type, but a lot of people find coconut oil to be too heavy for regular use, so make sure your face/skin reacts well to coconut oil before using
p.s. don’t forget to pin it for later!
- Add the coconut oil to a mixing bowl and whip with an electric mixer until light and fluffy*
- Mix in the vitamin E and tea tree oils
- Store in a container (I used a small mason jar) and use at night before bed after you cleanse your face
What about you?
- Have you ever made your own moisturizer or other beauty/skin care product?
- Do you use coconut oil as a moisturizer?
- What other household items (if any) do you use as part of your beauty/skin care routine?
Share in the comments below!
Linking up with: #dishthefit
More Healthy Living Tips: