Granola is by far my favourite thing to make, eat and photograph. So, of course, I couldn’t let the holiday season go by without sharing, at least, one granola recipe. I had about 5 different flavour ideas, but I eventually narrowed it down to this Chocolate Cranberry Granola. Because #chocolate.
I haven’t mentioned it on the blog yet, but I’m heading home to Trinidad tomorrow morning. It was a little touch and go there for a moment due to some passport issues, but I finally booked my ticket on Thursday. Yes, I know. Ridiculously last minute. I was actually pretty worried that I wouldn’t make it home this year. I mean, when you’re days from the 25th without any concrete travel plans, it’s time to start panicking right?
Luckily, the universe was on my side and everything worked out. But since it was such short notice, I had to scramble to get things ready to leave. Needless to say, things have been a little stressful here for the last couple days. But, the chocolate in this chocolate cranberry granola has been helping me keep it together.
My semi-stressful pre-flight to-do list reads:
- eat food in the fridge
- bake & photograph recipes for rest of December
- shop for presents
It’s actually not too bad until you get to the last one because I freakin’ hate shopping for gifts. I’m not a fan of shopping on a regular day, except for kitchen stuff. But when the malls are crowded AF and the lines are miles long, I literally can’t even. Like actually literally can’t even shop for anything.
So, this year, I’m sticking with edible gifts. Like this Chocolate Cranberry Granola. It’s easy to make, full of chocolatey goodness and festive AF thanks to the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Plus, it’s vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free. Sounds like the perfect gift to me.
p.s. Bonus points if you put it in a mason jar with a chalkboard label. #I’mSoPinterest
Festive Chocolate Cranberry Granola
- 1½ cups oats
- 2 tsp ground flax
- 2½ tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup walnut pieces
- ⅛ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup cranberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil; melted
- ¼ cup applesauce
- ⅛ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Mix together the dry ingredients, except the chocolate chips, in a large bowl
- Stir in the melted coconut oil, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix well
- Spread the mixture evenly out onto the lined baking sheet and bake for 20 - 25 minutes (or until golden brown) stirring half way through
- Remove from oven and stir in chocolate chips so they melt a bit
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container
Liked this post? Pin it!
What about you?
- What are you holiday plans?
- Are you a fan of holiday shopping?
- Do you give edible gifts? What’s your favourite?
Share in the comments below!
More Edible Gift Ideas:
Follow my Healthy Snack Recipes Board: