I haven’t always been a lover of DIYs. Especially when I could just buy something instead. But, my recent foray into adulthood (read: lack of funds), and the success of my last beauty DIY, made me want to give this DIY Pumpkin Spice Coffee Lip Scrub a try.
Why do I need a lip scrub? Well, It’s officially fall here in Waterloo. Last week, we had some sort of weird journey back to summer, complete with blue skies and high temperatures. But yesterday was gloomy and rainy AF and the forecast for the rest of the week doesn’t look much better. So, yea, fall’s here.
And fall means it’s time for boots, leggings, scarves, warm breakfasts and cozy evenings, which are all things I love. But, with that comes the cold (duh), dry skin and chapped lips. Definitely not fun.
I can’t do anything about the cold, unfortunately. But, I do use my coconut oil night cream to combat the dry skin. And, recently, I’ve been loving this super easy PSL coffee lip scrub for dealing with my already crazy chapped lips.
This PSL Coffee Lip Scrub is literally the easiest thing to make and only uses 4 (or 5) ingredients from your kitchen.
- Ground Coffee: because coffee is a much gentler exfoliator than coconut sugar, which is all I have at home
- Sugar: to cut the taste of all that coffee, because, yes, the scrub will get in your mouth
- Olive Oil: because it was all I had on hand, but almond oil is another great option
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: because #pumpkinspiceeverything, right?
DIY Pumpkin Spice Latte Coffee Lip Scrub
- ¼ cup coarsely ground coffee beans*
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice**
- 2½ tbsp olive oil
- Optional: 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whisk together the coffee, sugar and spices, making sure to break down any clumps
- Add in the olive oil and vanilla, if using, and stir until well combined
- Store in an airtight container and use 1 - 2 times a week for optimal results
- Apply a small amount of the coffee lip scrub (~ ¼ teaspoon) to the lips and gently massage in circular motions for 2 to 3 minutes
- Rinse off lips or wipe off scrub with a damp washcloth
- Use a thick lip balm or moisturizer after exfoliating
**If you don't have readymade pumpkin pie spice use:
1½ tsp ground cinnamon
3/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground cloves
What about you?
- Do you make any of your own beauty products? Which ones?
- Have you ever made or used a coffee lip scrub before?
- What’s your least favourite thing about fall?
Share in the comments below!
More Healthy Living Tips: