I’m Giselle the healthy-living, food-loving, weight-lifting, book-reading, nap-taking, twenty-something behind Diary of an ExSloth.
I started this blog back in 2013 as a way to stay accountable on my weight loss journey. At the time, I was the very definition of ‘sloth’ and thought the only way to get healthy was to start dropping pounds. Surprisingly, I stuck with blogging long after I resolved my issues with the scale and, along the way, I updated my view of what it meant to be an ExSloth.
What’s an ExSloth?
I don’t have a formal definition for ‘ExSloth’ (yet!) but, you know you’re an ExSloth if:
- your natural instinct is to lay around doing absolutely nothing all day but you know you’d feel better after a workout
- dessert is basically your middle name at this point but you know veggies are (arguably) better for you in the long run
- you’re just as likely to order a quarter pounder with extra bacon as a green smoothie with all the toppings
Basically, being an ExSloth is all about balance, not perfection.
What you’ll find on Diary of an ExSloth
I talk about pretty much everything on the blog, from recipes to healthy eating to fitness to wellness. If it’s got something to do healthy living, I’ve probably mentioned it here or will soon. My goal is for Diary of an ExSloth to become a space filled with useful and realistic tips about starting and/or continuing to live a happy, healthy and balanced lifestyle.
For a better idea of exactly what I share on the blog, you can:
- Head to the blog page and start poking around
- Start with these posts, which are some of my favourites for getting fit, eating well and general healthy living.
- Follow me on social media for more tips & tricks I don’t always share on the blog (links at top & bottom of page)
- Join the ExSloth mailing list and be first to get new recipes and healthy living tips and tricks. You also get a free copy of my Dairy Free Survival Guide for Beginners when you subscribe.
A few more things about me:
1. Home Town?
I’m an island girl, born and bred in Trinidad and I moved to Canada for university in 2010
2. Job/Study Program?
I graduated in 2015 with a major in Statistics and a minor in Computer Science, but I’m a digital marketing jedi-in-training at heart
Reading! I’ve read almost 450+ novels (and counting!) since September 2014 😳
I’m a DIYer of most things techie (read: coding) if that counts
5. Favourite Fruit?
I eat at least 2 bananas a day…3 if you count the one in smoothie 😳
My idea of a bender is blowing off the gym and spending the weekend in bed with my Kristen Ashley, Nalini Singh or Shelly Laurenston ‘Book Boyfriends’.
My friends affectionately call me a Grammar Nazi but it’s really just bad word usage (you know: their, they’re, there) that gets me going 😐
I’m definitely an introvert but I love a to laugh and am always game for good conversation
9. Goals & Dreams?
My life’s goal is to be happy and healthy and help others be the same. May sound simple but it’s harder than you think.
What about you?
Tell me a little about yourself and/or what you’d like to see from Diary of an ExSloth!