Hey Friends! How’s it goin?
Last night when I sat down to come up with today’s post, I was so frazzled. I have so much going on in my brain and in my life that my mind couldn’t stay still long enough for me to focus and write.
I couldn’t help thinking that the Thinking out Loud Thursdays series created by Amanda at Running with Spoons was just what I needed to clear my brain. The only problem? I publish posts on Wednesdays. Bummer.
But then I thought, you know what? I desperately need a word dump right now so I’m just gonna do it.
*Cue evil snickering as I broke the golden rule and think out loud on a Wednesday*
Thinking/Ranting out Loud
1. This week has been a little hellish and I have a lack of food related posts to prove it. I’ve eaten out all week (including breakfast) and I haven’t been to the gym in more than a week. The only things I’ve cooked all week were a green smoothie for breakfast yesterday and a turkey bacon sandwich for dinner. Culinary genius at its best ladies and gentlemen.
2. My last day of work is today and I’m freaking out. I’m excited to go back to school – yes, I’m a weird one – but I’m also afraid of losing that steady income. A girl’s gotta live (read: eat), so hello part time job applications.
3. Still on the topic of work, it’s taking so long for me to wrap everything up. I worked here for 4 months, and I knew my end date when I started. Why didn’t I keep track of what I was doing at every step instead of trying to compile all that info in two days?!? Or yea, my middle names have apparently been changed to ‘Disorganised Procrastination‘. My real middle names are Zakiya Lydia btw.
Of course, I found the time to draw instead of working on all the last minute stuff I actually have to do. What do you think of my Snorlax?
4. I will be homeless in 9 days. I gave up my current lease before I found a place to live because I knew I didn’t want to come back. It’s a really nice apartment, but I’ll have 4 roommates next semester as opposed to the 1 roommate I have right now- and I already take up more than half the kitchen with all my shit. Is it too much to ask for more kitchen space? Apparently, cuz lack of kitchen space is an issue in every other place I’ve seen so far. Yes, there are ways to work around limited kitchen space but this is getting ridiculous.If you’ve got a 2 or 3 bedroom apartment for rent in Waterloo, with a kitchen like the one above, holla at me.
5. I need a new laptop, like yesterday. My laptop bluescreens multiple times a day. I kid you not. And this has been happening for months. It makes writing posts a pain because the auto save doesn’t happen as quickly as you’d think. Either that or my computer knows the exact second to shut down for maximum word loss. Talented huh?
6. I borrowed my friend’s DSLR to get a feel of using one before I get my own and I’m so intimidated. I jumped from camera phone to the big leagues with no point and shoot in between and I’m way out of my depth. I downloaded the manual but I haven’t had time to read it. Mostly because I’m stressing about 2,3&4 and that damn blue screen is still making untimely appearances.
7. All these things I’m worrying about is making it hard for me to focus on blogging stuff. My social media accounts have been virtual wastelands for more than a week and I’ve had no time to respond to comments. Looking forward to being able to rectify that starting tonight!
8. Finally some good news. I went to Famoso Pizzeria yesterday for a last-week-of-work lunch with some fellow interns. I was prepared to suffer through intense stomach pains due to cheese consumption because hello…pizza. But I looked at the menu and discovered that they have a vegan cheese substitution. And guess what, it freaking melted!!! Day made.
This is a recycled Famoso pizza picture, because I was too busy devouring mine yesterday to take a pic. #sorrynotsorry
What about you?
Anything you need to rant about or just get off your chest?
Share in the comments below!
Subscribe for weekly health tips