Want a quick and easy breakfast that’s also filling and healthy? Try this 10 minute vegan breakfast sweet potato split – a healthier twist on the traditional banana split.
I love baking and cooking but I have a bad habit of making them way more complicated than they need to be. I always come up with these grand plans for what I’ll cook in a given week.
But as soon as I get hungry, I realise that I just don’t have the energy or time to make the freakin’ 55 course meal I dreamed up in my head. And I end up eating cereal instead. #truestory
So I’ve been on a mission to dream up food that’s healthy, delicious and most importantly, easy to make. Like this vegan breakfast sweet potato split.
I legit whipped this up in under 10 minutes one morning last week and haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since.
Vegan Breakfast Sweet Potato Split
This breakfast sweet potato split is basically a healthy, breakfast-friendly version of a banana split. I swapped out the banana for sweet potatoes, the ice cream for coconut yogurt and skipped the whipped cream altogether.
It looks fancy AF but it couldn’t be easier to throw together. All you have to do is wait 5 minutes for the potato to cook in the microwave, then stuff, sprinkle, top, drizzle and devour.
Oh, and if you use a chocolate drizzle, it totally counts as dessert.
What about you?
What are some of your favourite quick and easy breakfast recipes?
p.s. If you make this sweet potato split, I’d love to hear what you think. Leave a comment and rate the recipe or take a pic and tag it @ExSloth on Instagram!
More sweet potato breakfast recipes:
- 1 medium sweet potato, washed
- ⅓ - ½ cup vegan coconut yogurt (I used vanilla flavoured)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 - 4 fresh strawberries, cored and cut into quarters
- 2 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Optional: ½ tbsp melted vegan chocolate
- Pierce washed sweet potato with a fork or knife a few times and microwave on 'baked potato' setting until cooked all the way through (about 4 - 5 minutes depending on the size)*
- Cut down the centre, leaving a little skin attached at the bottom so it's not completely cut in half
- Stuff with vanilla coconut yogurt and sprinkle with ground cinnamon
- Top with strawberries and pecans and drizzle with peanut butter and melted chocolate, if using
- Serve immediately
Liked this recipe? Pin it for later: