Need something to do with your end of summer fruit? This easy, healthy, 1 bowl blueberry peach vegan banana bread is exactly what you’ve been looking for.
If you follow me on Instagram you’ll have already seen my bountiful Kitchener Market produce haul from a couple weeks ago. Summer is obviously the time to indulge in all the fresh fruit but I may have taken that to the extreme.
I mean, does one person actually need 3 pints of strawberries, 1 pint of blueberries, plus a crap tonne of peaches, tomatoes, greens and other assorted fruits? NOPE. But there were so many great deals that I just couldn’t say no. Hashtag logic.
Luckily, I got bit by the baking bug this week and decided to try my hand at vegan banana bread, which helped me use up the bananas, plus some peaches and bluebs.
I have a bit of an obsession with fruit and veggie based breads and muffins and I’ve been meaning to add a vegan banana bread recipe to my ‘collection’ for a while.
The last time I shared banana bread on the blog was way back in 2014 and it definitely wasn’t vegan. My pictures of said loaf also left a lot to be desired. Cringe Alert.
1 Bowl Blueberry Peach Vegan Banana Bread
Luckily, this blueberry peach vegan banana bread is both pretty and yummy AF. There’s not a lot of added sugar in the batter so the fruit really gets a chance to shine. And despite being vegan and made with spelt flour, the banana bread isn’t sappy at all; just the perfect combination of cakey and moist.
Basically it’s everything you’ll ever want in a vegan banana bread and this one gets extra points because it’s non-vegan approved and you can make it in just one bowl. Less cleanup FTW.
Let me know in the comments what your favourite banana bread mixins are. I usually love adding cocoa powder or chocolate chips to mine, but peaches and bluebs may have just moved into first place.
More vegan breads & muffins:
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax + 3 tbsp water)
- 2 - 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp (3/8 cup) maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tbsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup white spelt flour*
- ¾ cup whole spelt flour*
- ½ cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 ripe peaches, 1 cut into small chunks and 1 sliced
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease a loaf tin with coconut oil and set aside
- In the bottom of a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground flax and water and let sit until the mixture reaches an egg-like consistency
- Add the mashed bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt and whisk until well combined
- Sift in the spelt flours and stir until just combined
- Fold in the peach chunks and most of the blueberries, reserving a few for topping
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf tin and top with sliced peaches and more blueberries, if desired
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean
- Allow to cool fully in the tin on a wire rack before removing and slicing
Want more vegan bread recipes? Try this one
Liked this vegan banana bread recipe? Pin it for later: