Hey Friends! How’s it goin?
Like I mentioned last week, my workouts had fallen into a pattern for the last couple of months. And one of those was no cardio. I know, I know. Kind of blasphemous for someone who made such a big deal about running and her first 5K. But I’ll let you in on a little secret: I’m still this crazy newbie runner at heart 😉
I missed running though so I hopped on the
dreadmill treadmill last week and was drenched by the end of this workout. I was aiming for 5K but the treadmills at my gym cut off at 30 minutes unless you set it otherwise, so I stopped about .3 miles short of the full 3 miles. But oh, what an amazing burn!
The Liebster Award
Earlier this week, Michelle of A Healthy Mrs. nominated me for a Liebster Award. I’ve been seeing these around the blogosphere for a while now so I was pretty excited to be nominated!. Thanks Michelle 😀
- You must link back to the person who nominated you
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award (with a small following)
- You must create 10 questions for your nominees
- You must go to their blogs and notifiy the nominees
1) What is your favorite book (current, or all time)?
I read so much that I’m not sure I can have a favourite book, but if I had to choose it’ll probably be Pride and Prejudice. Old, but always good 🙂
2) What was the first concert you ever attended?
I’m pretty sure it was a Chris Brown concert. I went my my mother, younger sister and cousin. We got there really early and were up in the front of our section. It was great up until Chris came on and the people behind us started shoving us into the partition. We were definitely not amused 😐 That may have also been the last concert I ever went to…
3) When you’re having a bad day, what is the one thing you can count on to cheer you up?
Reading. Full Stop.
4) What did you study in University/College? If you could go back in time, would you choose the same field of study, or something different?
I’m currently studying Statistics and Computer Science. If I could go back to first year I’d probably tag a Business option onto my statistic major. But if I were to choose something completely different it’d be Marketing and Communications or Nutrition.
5) What is one of your favorite childhood memories?
Every Christmas Day brunch we’ve ever had at my grandfather’s house. We still do the brunches but at different houses and it isn’t the same somehow. Although, the real issue could be that I no longer get the same caliber of presents 😉 Oh, the Glory days!
6) What is a habit you’re most proud of breaking?
I was a serious Coca-Cola addict for the first couple of years of university. I knew the exact cost, down to the last penny, and would always have exact change for at least 3 every time I left the house. To this day, the sound of a soda can has my taste buds tingling. Insane! I know.
7) If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be? How would you spend it?
Huh. Would it be bad if I skipped this question? I have favourite celebrities of course, but I’d hate for them to not live up to my expectations so I actually don’t think I’d want to meet them 😕
Some of my favourites are Jason Statham, Vin Diesel, Adam Levine. I could honestly just spend all day listening to Jason Statham talk (that voice!), watching Vin Diesel dance and listening to Adam Levine sing.
8) What is the first website you check everyday?
9) If you could do any job in the world for one day, what would it be?
Construction worker. I don’t even have to think about it. Manual labour just seems like it would be satisfying in a way that a desk job just couldn’t be, at least in my opinion. But only one day though. I fully admit that I probably couldn’t handle more than that 😳
10) Would you rather: have hiccups for the rest of your life, or feel like you have to sneeze but not be able to for the rest of your life?
Sneeze. I HATE hiccups 😐
- Ellie @ Fit for the Soul
- Amee @ Did Someone say Chocolate
- Ashleigh @ Passion for Life, Love and Health
- Hayley @ Healthy Regards, Hayley
- Ginger @ Mini Me Wannabe
- Stephanie @ My Freckled Life
- Kara @ Kara Runs
- Jessica @ The Lovely Foodie
- Janelle @ Run with No Regrets
- Toronto Girl West
- What’s your biggest hobby or (in my case) obsession?
- What’s one unhealthy food habit you just can’t (or don’t want to) kick?
- What’s the strangest food combination you love?
- What’s your favourite way to workout?
- If you didn’t blog about what you do now, what would you write about?
- If you could live in any country where would you go?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
- What talent or accomplishment are you most proud of?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- Selfie time! Show us your favourite pic of your mug (yes, baby pics are acceptable 😀 )
Phew! That was a long one.
What about you?
Share your answer to one (or all!) of the questions above in the comments!